Daler Rowney - Simply - Masking Fluid Individual Bottle - 75 ml.
- Masking fluid is a specifically formulated artist’s medium made with latex.
- This is used to preserve white space in your paintings.
- Art masking fluid helps the artist produce highlights in the painting and negative space & also for preserving details and creating textures like waves, hair highlights etc.
- Masking fluid comes in both bottled and marker form.
- It works well on paper which has a smooth texture or fine texture, preferably watercolour paper.
- Let the masking fluid dry completely before you start painting over it.
- The ideal consistency is a creamy and fluid substance that flows seamlessly.
- Masking fluid can damage the bristles of a brush. Hence, it's better to use an old brush to apply masking fluid. Rinse the brush with soap and water once done.
- You can use an eraser or finger to remove the mask.
- Masking fluid works well with both watercolour and gouache.
- Before using masking fluid, stir the fluid thoroughly. Do not shake it because it will create air bubbles in it.
- Removing the masking fluid quickly once the paper is dry will lessen the risk of tearing the paper.